During our stay in Numana we experienced different emotions that made us fall in love of the Marches and the Riviera del Conero. We want to stilarvi our own ranking of the ten emotions not to be missed, starting from those culinary …
- The excellent cuisine at km. 0 “Osteria La Fisarmonica Castelfidardo“. The friendliness of Camilla and Moreno and the sympathy of Laura give us every time relaxation and satisfaction of the palate. Great for vegetarians and vegans, but also for those who love meat. Try the taste of the pizza made with stone ground flour, simply exquisite. Environment and traditional flavors with grace and culture.
- If you want to savor the fantastic pasta dishes Marche do not miss the traditional cuisine of Conerello . On the road from Sirolo to Mount Conero and a blast from the past in every sense and represents tradition for those who grew up in these places .
- Always on the road leading to the Monte Conero stop at “Belvedere Bar“. You ‘a small outdoor bar, the food is simple, do not miss the tomatoes au gratin, but what you will savor the wonderful view of Sirolo and Numana, with the blue sea and the landscape around you lose sight d’ eye .. sit under the persimmon, will be even more wonderful!
- If you go to Montelupone try “La Taverna dell’Artista“. If you chat with the owner (will not be difficult), let them tell the story of Mr. Gabriele Galantara and visit with his drawings … The kitchen area is the true tradition of the Marche but what we can say is that the place artichokes are unique. Miss walking in the streets of the town of Montelupone, beautiful both day and night.
- If you arrive in Ascoli Piceno (worth it), take a coffee or, better, drink an “Anisetta” to the historic “Caffè Meletti“. Preserved in perfect Liberty style, with a beautiful spiral staircase in wood, overlooking one of the most beautiful squares in Italy. Do not miss the “Ascolana Olives” and the Festival of Fried in spring time.
- If you are in romantic mood, a dinner at sunset on the beautiful terrace of the restaurant “Trattoria Mafalda“, frazione Poggio (AN)
- A dip at sunset from the beach of the “Two Sisters” with friends. A motorboat rental to get there and a fresh and sparkling bottle for an extraordinary aperitif.
- A jump in history to Offida, one of the most beautiful towns in Italy, can be a good excuse to visit to the Church of “Santa Maria della Rocca“, the fourteenth century, with its magnificent frescoes and its history “precarious” …
- If you are in the season do not miss an Opera or a Concert at the “Sferisterio of Macerata” (its history and ‘curious to discover). In bad weather you can always fall back on the splendid “Theater delle Muse” in Ancona, and since you are there, visit the historic center of Ancona …
At the end:
The Cathedral of “San Leopardo”, in Osimo centre town. Try the guardian for a guided tour … a surprise! And then, a little further, the balcony of the walls of Osimo, especially at sunset. Unmissable.
The Roman cisterns of Fermo: one of the greatest works of perfectly preserved Roman civil engineering (necessary to book at tourist office).
In the south of Marche region, the little town of Torre di Palme. Search it … Whoever finds it, finds a treasure!
L ‘Abbey of Santa Croce al Chienti. Protoromanica, a ninth-century jewel. If you are romantic, seek the Lothario legend and Imelda. And then, if you want to empty your wallet, but also appreciate architecture, product quality, business efficiency, in Cassette d’Ete is the outlet Tods.
Recanati, the town, the Leopardi Palace, his library, the lonely hill, the Silvia’s window … a walk with the poetry.
The Sunrise, from our garden RAL7039 or from the terrace Black room, around 6:00 a.m., if you have opened your eyes!
On the top of Monte Conero, the Convent Camaldolese, a haven where women could not get (look for the descriptive plaque). It is now a charming hotel but the structure remained intact. Do not miss the walk that starts from the left side, in the thick of a lush Mediterranean vegetation. Bring a sweater … could serve. Enjoy the sunset from the terrace of the bar with an aperitif, perhaps the most beautiful view from the Sibillini Mountains to Loreto.
From the Belvedere at the beginning of the descent to the spectacle of “Portonovo Trave” rock in sunset moment and then down the street to discover the Napoleonic Fort (why is it called that?). Try the “Portonovo mussels” in a restaurant on the beach. Look for the church of Santa Maria di Portonovo …. cites even Dante’s Divine Comedy. But the official guides tell many other things … you’ll be spoiled for choice.
And if you found yourself well, just let us know … 😉